Skip to main content

iPad

 I'm addicted to the iPad!!  This thing rocks.  I waste a lot of time on it, but I also use it for practical things as well.  One of my favorite apps is called Running Log.  When I get done with a run I totally geek out and get all excited about logging in all the info.  I do have a Garmin Forerunner, which I highly recommend to any runner, but this does so much more.  It is so cool to see how I am slowly getting my speed back after having Orlando in July.  At the end of each month it gives me stats for how many miles I ran, how many hours, and what my average pace was for the month.  Since I started running again in August my average pace has dropped 45 seconds.  Not bad considering 3 of those months have been cold and cruddy.  
 You want to know another great feature of the iPad?  It can be used as a babysitter!
Lyla is a pro at navigating this thing.  She loves to play with it, and it entertains her for hours!!!  (Not really, she is only two and has a super short attention span.  But she is good for about 20 minutes.)  Twenty whole minutes!!!  Do you know how much cleaning I can get done?  Or better, do you know how much surfing I can do on the net?  I can easily check facebook, look at a few items on eBay, read the blogs I follow, and squeeze in People.com.  If you have a fatty tax return coming I would use some of it and invest in an iPad :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

- 41

Workout:  8 miles/1:25:02 It takes 9 months to put the weight on, and it took 9 months and 6 days to get the weight off.  FINALLY!!!!!!  I am at my pre-Orlando weight.  I gained 40 whopping pounds during my second pregnancy, and I am ecstatic to say that I have now lost 41.  I worked extremely hard to get that darn baby weight off, and there were several times I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Thankfully, my determination won in the end.  I have expressed before on my blog that I am not a healthy eater.  Junk food is my good friend, and fruits and veggies are evil gross!! (Okay, not ALL fruits, but pretty much ALL veggies are evil.) So how did I do it?  I cut out a lot of carbs.  Not completely, but I closely monitored my carb intake.  I limited my Coke and McDonald's Sweet Tea splurges and tried to drink these sugary beverages only on weekends.  I discovered Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which I drink during th...

Kick Him in the Face REAL Hard!

Now, remember, this made the list of top 10 things I hate.  And wouldn't you know I now have to do a lot of it.  After weeks of insane knee pain I finally made an appointment to see a sports medicine doctor over at the Sports Enhancement Center.  Turns out I have severe tendonitis in my knee, being caused by my hamstring, due to lack of flexibility.  The doctor told me to quit running completely for a month, and he told me I was overweight.  (LOOOONG story about that.  Maybe I'll have a post on it sometime.)  I then proceeded to cry which caused a very awkward moment (more so for him than me...you should have seen the look on his face).  So three days after my post about hating stretching and cross training it's thrown right in my face.  I am stretching everyday and doing the elliptical for an hour every morning.  I have a race next weekend that I'm running even though the doctor said not to.  Going against the doctor's orders is my...

Setting Goals

I'm always setting goals for myself.  Running goals, nutritional goals, cleaning goals, etc. (That last one is always a challenge.)  I set goals so I have something to work towards; an everyday challenge to conquer.  A couple of weeks ago I thought about what type of new goals I wanted to make.  I started by thinking of a running goal.  I needed something that would be challenging, yet achievable.  I decided I would challenge myself by trying to run at least 20 miles a week. Next, I wanted to set some nutritional goals.  Anyone close to me knows that I eat like crap.  Total crap!  In fact, I honestly can not remember the last time I had a piece of fruit.  I have just a few more pounds of baby weight to lose and I know eating better would definitely get it off.  So I set a goal to make wiser food choices and cut back on my snacking.  But late in the week I discovered a couple things about my goals. The first is, don't make ru...