Skip to main content

Miss Kindergarten

Workout: 3 miles easy



Look who started kindergarten!!!  Even though we are almost a month into the year it still is hard for me to believe that our school days are actually here!   Lyla didn't go to preschool, and now she is in full day K!  Yeah, sink or swim, sista!!!  Thankfully she is swimming really well just as I knew she would.


This little jumping bean was completely ready for school.  And I was completely ready to say adios, because entertaining her all. day. long. was getting to be exhausting!!  School is from 8-3:05.  I would say around 2ish I start to miss her.  I really didn't see that coming!!  But guess who misses her more than I do??

This boy is like a lost little puppy dog without his sister.  Aye, aye, aye!!!  He is really wearing me out! Usually by 1 p.m. I am ready for a nap.  But, Orlando quit napping last Christmas so usually I throw Max & Ruby onto the tv and try to catch a 10 minute cat nap.

Oh, the cuteness!!!  As soon as we drop Lyla off at school he is asking when we get to pick her up.  And everyday when she comes out the door he RUNS to her, gives her a hug, and asks her how her day was.  Oooo, I should video tape it!  It really is precious!

So thankful she is doing well, having fun, and making friends.  And so extremely thankful she has an amazing teacher that is helping make her first school experience the best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

- 41

Workout:  8 miles/1:25:02 It takes 9 months to put the weight on, and it took 9 months and 6 days to get the weight off.  FINALLY!!!!!!  I am at my pre-Orlando weight.  I gained 40 whopping pounds during my second pregnancy, and I am ecstatic to say that I have now lost 41.  I worked extremely hard to get that darn baby weight off, and there were several times I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Thankfully, my determination won in the end.  I have expressed before on my blog that I am not a healthy eater.  Junk food is my good friend, and fruits and veggies are evil gross!! (Okay, not ALL fruits, but pretty much ALL veggies are evil.) So how did I do it?  I cut out a lot of carbs.  Not completely, but I closely monitored my carb intake.  I limited my Coke and McDonald's Sweet Tea splurges and tried to drink these sugary beverages only on weekends.  I discovered Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which I drink during th...

Kick Him in the Face REAL Hard!

Now, remember, this made the list of top 10 things I hate.  And wouldn't you know I now have to do a lot of it.  After weeks of insane knee pain I finally made an appointment to see a sports medicine doctor over at the Sports Enhancement Center.  Turns out I have severe tendonitis in my knee, being caused by my hamstring, due to lack of flexibility.  The doctor told me to quit running completely for a month, and he told me I was overweight.  (LOOOONG story about that.  Maybe I'll have a post on it sometime.)  I then proceeded to cry which caused a very awkward moment (more so for him than me...you should have seen the look on his face).  So three days after my post about hating stretching and cross training it's thrown right in my face.  I am stretching everyday and doing the elliptical for an hour every morning.  I have a race next weekend that I'm running even though the doctor said not to.  Going against the doctor's orders is my...

Setting Goals

I'm always setting goals for myself.  Running goals, nutritional goals, cleaning goals, etc. (That last one is always a challenge.)  I set goals so I have something to work towards; an everyday challenge to conquer.  A couple of weeks ago I thought about what type of new goals I wanted to make.  I started by thinking of a running goal.  I needed something that would be challenging, yet achievable.  I decided I would challenge myself by trying to run at least 20 miles a week. Next, I wanted to set some nutritional goals.  Anyone close to me knows that I eat like crap.  Total crap!  In fact, I honestly can not remember the last time I had a piece of fruit.  I have just a few more pounds of baby weight to lose and I know eating better would definitely get it off.  So I set a goal to make wiser food choices and cut back on my snacking.  But late in the week I discovered a couple things about my goals. The first is, don't make ru...