Skip to main content

Funnel Cakes

Workout: Weights/20 min. run

I like to eat junk all the time, but I try to save the real unhealthy stuff for the weekends; it gives me something to look forward to.  I consider a funnel cake to be on the real unhealthy list.  These things are in a whole different category than say, Doritos and Coke.  When I found a funnel cake recipe on  The Pioneer Woman blog I new it was a MUST MAKE!


The batter consisted of everything you would have in your house: flour, milk, eggs, sugar, sugar, sugar....oh my gosh, SO. MUCH. SUGAR.  And may I say yay!! to having a baby around because whole milk was on hand.
This was the only hard part.  Not pouring the batter, but the spewing HOT oil.  I burnt myself within 5 seconds and chose to look like a dork and wear a potholder to cover my hand and wrist.  Gosh, now that I'm looking at that hideous potholder maybe purchasing a cutsie one isn't a bad idea.  You know, so people can read my blog and say, ooh, that potholder is so cute!  I want one!
Amazing!  Just like the fair, I promise!  These were too easy, which stinks because that means I will be making them again, and again, and again :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Him in the Face REAL Hard!

Now, remember, this made the list of top 10 things I hate.  And wouldn't you know I now have to do a lot of it.  After weeks of insane knee pain I finally made an appointment to see a sports medicine doctor over at the Sports Enhancement Center.  Turns out I have severe tendonitis in my knee, being caused by my hamstring, due to lack of flexibility.  The doctor told me to quit running completely for a month, and he told me I was overweight.  (LOOOONG story about that.  Maybe I'll have a post on it sometime.)  I then proceeded to cry which caused a very awkward moment (more so for him than me...you should have seen the look on his face).  So three days after my post about hating stretching and cross training it's thrown right in my face.  I am stretching everyday and doing the elliptical for an hour every morning.  I have a race next weekend that I'm running even though the doctor said not to.  Going against the doctor's orders is my...

- 41

Workout:  8 miles/1:25:02 It takes 9 months to put the weight on, and it took 9 months and 6 days to get the weight off.  FINALLY!!!!!!  I am at my pre-Orlando weight.  I gained 40 whopping pounds during my second pregnancy, and I am ecstatic to say that I have now lost 41.  I worked extremely hard to get that darn baby weight off, and there were several times I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Thankfully, my determination won in the end.  I have expressed before on my blog that I am not a healthy eater.  Junk food is my good friend, and fruits and veggies are evil gross!! (Okay, not ALL fruits, but pretty much ALL veggies are evil.) So how did I do it?  I cut out a lot of carbs.  Not completely, but I closely monitored my carb intake.  I limited my Coke and McDonald's Sweet Tea splurges and tried to drink these sugary beverages only on weekends.  I discovered Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which I drink during th...

Setting Goals

I'm always setting goals for myself.  Running goals, nutritional goals, cleaning goals, etc. (That last one is always a challenge.)  I set goals so I have something to work towards; an everyday challenge to conquer.  A couple of weeks ago I thought about what type of new goals I wanted to make.  I started by thinking of a running goal.  I needed something that would be challenging, yet achievable.  I decided I would challenge myself by trying to run at least 20 miles a week. Next, I wanted to set some nutritional goals.  Anyone close to me knows that I eat like crap.  Total crap!  In fact, I honestly can not remember the last time I had a piece of fruit.  I have just a few more pounds of baby weight to lose and I know eating better would definitely get it off.  So I set a goal to make wiser food choices and cut back on my snacking.  But late in the week I discovered a couple things about my goals. The first is, don't make ru...