Skip to main content

Running in Paradise

We're on vacation and let me tell you; running doesn't get much better than this!!  The community my sister lives in is gorgeous.  It is a huge gated community with a golf course, tennis courts, playground, club house, etc.  It is only Tuesday and I have already put in 14 miles.  Back home it takes me until Friday to get that many done.  Here was my glorious run this morning.

Okay, there are gators galore in her community.  This huge monster was just baking in the sun right by one of the golf holes.  There were 3 men golfing about 20 feet away, and I was running on the sidewalk about 50 feet away!!  CRAZY!

 All done with my 4 miler.  I bought a new running outfit so I would look cute for all the retirees I pass along my route every morning.  (90% of the community is retired.)  My running skirt is from Gap and the performance tee is from TJ Maxx.  Don't you love the color of Ang's house?  It would look awful in IL, but it looks great down here.  I can't wait for another run tomorrow morning.  We are having a blast.

Check back Friday for, hopefully, a more tan family. :)

Comments

  1. Wow! I hope you can outrun that gator! Lucky duck to be on Vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! The gator reminds me of canoeing in Florida on Spring Break. That was your favorite canoeing trip ever, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, don't remind me, Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

- 41

Workout:  8 miles/1:25:02 It takes 9 months to put the weight on, and it took 9 months and 6 days to get the weight off.  FINALLY!!!!!!  I am at my pre-Orlando weight.  I gained 40 whopping pounds during my second pregnancy, and I am ecstatic to say that I have now lost 41.  I worked extremely hard to get that darn baby weight off, and there were several times I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Thankfully, my determination won in the end.  I have expressed before on my blog that I am not a healthy eater.  Junk food is my good friend, and fruits and veggies are evil gross!! (Okay, not ALL fruits, but pretty much ALL veggies are evil.) So how did I do it?  I cut out a lot of carbs.  Not completely, but I closely monitored my carb intake.  I limited my Coke and McDonald's Sweet Tea splurges and tried to drink these sugary beverages only on weekends.  I discovered Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which I drink during th...

Kick Him in the Face REAL Hard!

Now, remember, this made the list of top 10 things I hate.  And wouldn't you know I now have to do a lot of it.  After weeks of insane knee pain I finally made an appointment to see a sports medicine doctor over at the Sports Enhancement Center.  Turns out I have severe tendonitis in my knee, being caused by my hamstring, due to lack of flexibility.  The doctor told me to quit running completely for a month, and he told me I was overweight.  (LOOOONG story about that.  Maybe I'll have a post on it sometime.)  I then proceeded to cry which caused a very awkward moment (more so for him than me...you should have seen the look on his face).  So three days after my post about hating stretching and cross training it's thrown right in my face.  I am stretching everyday and doing the elliptical for an hour every morning.  I have a race next weekend that I'm running even though the doctor said not to.  Going against the doctor's orders is my...

Setting Goals

I'm always setting goals for myself.  Running goals, nutritional goals, cleaning goals, etc. (That last one is always a challenge.)  I set goals so I have something to work towards; an everyday challenge to conquer.  A couple of weeks ago I thought about what type of new goals I wanted to make.  I started by thinking of a running goal.  I needed something that would be challenging, yet achievable.  I decided I would challenge myself by trying to run at least 20 miles a week. Next, I wanted to set some nutritional goals.  Anyone close to me knows that I eat like crap.  Total crap!  In fact, I honestly can not remember the last time I had a piece of fruit.  I have just a few more pounds of baby weight to lose and I know eating better would definitely get it off.  So I set a goal to make wiser food choices and cut back on my snacking.  But late in the week I discovered a couple things about my goals. The first is, don't make ru...