Skip to main content

A Piece of "Old" America

Workout: None

Last week Lyla and I headed to our last play date with the MOPS group I am a part of.  Knowing I most likely won't be in this neck of the woods for a long while (if ever) I decided to take the back road that I ALWAYS have said I am going to do sometime (okay, and watching Cars about 15 times this year also gave me a little motivation).  We headed out for our play date by taking that "Old" American road, Route 66.
I'm totally dorky, I know, but I felt sooooo cool driving this road.  I mean I REALLY felt cool.  There wasn't anything exciting around me, and the scenery was the exact same thing I would have seen on I-55, but this road has history!!
I knew that it would take me a tad longer to get to my destination, but what I didn't know was I was going to be stuck behind one of the original cool cats who got to enjoy this route back in its prime.
He had to of been at least 85, and he was only going about 20 mph.  Of course there was a lot of traffic coming the other way so I had to wait forever to pass him.
Lyla had no clue why I wanted to take her picture in the middle of the road, but she will come to appreciate me for this one day.  I'm really glad I took the time to pull over and take some pictures!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

- 41

Workout:  8 miles/1:25:02 It takes 9 months to put the weight on, and it took 9 months and 6 days to get the weight off.  FINALLY!!!!!!  I am at my pre-Orlando weight.  I gained 40 whopping pounds during my second pregnancy, and I am ecstatic to say that I have now lost 41.  I worked extremely hard to get that darn baby weight off, and there were several times I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Thankfully, my determination won in the end.  I have expressed before on my blog that I am not a healthy eater.  Junk food is my good friend, and fruits and veggies are evil gross!! (Okay, not ALL fruits, but pretty much ALL veggies are evil.) So how did I do it?  I cut out a lot of carbs.  Not completely, but I closely monitored my carb intake.  I limited my Coke and McDonald's Sweet Tea splurges and tried to drink these sugary beverages only on weekends.  I discovered Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which I drink during the week instead.  I stopped buying chips....complete

Kick Him in the Face REAL Hard!

Now, remember, this made the list of top 10 things I hate.  And wouldn't you know I now have to do a lot of it.  After weeks of insane knee pain I finally made an appointment to see a sports medicine doctor over at the Sports Enhancement Center.  Turns out I have severe tendonitis in my knee, being caused by my hamstring, due to lack of flexibility.  The doctor told me to quit running completely for a month, and he told me I was overweight.  (LOOOONG story about that.  Maybe I'll have a post on it sometime.)  I then proceeded to cry which caused a very awkward moment (more so for him than me...you should have seen the look on his face).  So three days after my post about hating stretching and cross training it's thrown right in my face.  I am stretching everyday and doing the elliptical for an hour every morning.  I have a race next weekend that I'm running even though the doctor said not to.  Going against the doctor's orders is my form of being rebellious!  I'

Setting Goals

I'm always setting goals for myself.  Running goals, nutritional goals, cleaning goals, etc. (That last one is always a challenge.)  I set goals so I have something to work towards; an everyday challenge to conquer.  A couple of weeks ago I thought about what type of new goals I wanted to make.  I started by thinking of a running goal.  I needed something that would be challenging, yet achievable.  I decided I would challenge myself by trying to run at least 20 miles a week. Next, I wanted to set some nutritional goals.  Anyone close to me knows that I eat like crap.  Total crap!  In fact, I honestly can not remember the last time I had a piece of fruit.  I have just a few more pounds of baby weight to lose and I know eating better would definitely get it off.  So I set a goal to make wiser food choices and cut back on my snacking.  But late in the week I discovered a couple things about my goals. The first is, don't make running goals in the dead of winter.   Especially wh