Skip to main content

Where is the Love?

Workout: Hoping to run this evening!

As many of you know I had to fly solo with my two little ones down to Florida.  I knew it would be awful.   I knew it, knew it, knew it!!  I won't give you every agonizing detail, but I will tell you the parts that made me want to punch people in the face!

After waiting in the world's smallest airport for 4 hours I finally started making my way through security.  I have 3 carry on bags, a diaper bag, a 3 year old, and a 1 year old.  One of my bags falls over, and the family behind me....a family of 3 ADULTS looks right at me, ALL THREE OF THEM, and go around me!  You have got to be kidding me??  No offers to pick up the bag.  No offers to put my heavy luggage on the belt.  Not one ounce of help through security from ANYONE.  I pick the bag up, get it with the other 3 bags on, take off Lyla's shoes, tell her about 100 times to stay next to mommy or get up off the floor, get my shoes off, find my license, and get through.  With no help.  Once I'm through, I have to get all the heavy bags off with Orlando in one arm, Lyla is starting to run around, people are shoving past me, being COMPLETELY RUDE, and I'm trying not to burst into tears.

A few hours and a few tantrums later (by both children), we have finally landed.  I am in row 5 so exiting should be easy...or so I think.  I have a screaming baby in one arm, and a sleeping 3 year old over my shoulder.  And guess what??  People just plow right past me and don't let me out.  Oh my gosh, people!!  Where is the love?  All you awful people are really lucky that feisty Olivia is not out haunting tonight because let me tell you, I can be a serious witch!!!!!  (Oh, my family is all laughing and saying,  "Oooooh yeah!".)  I finally have to be ruthless and shove my way out into the aisle.

  Throughout this whole trip I had one person offer to help me out.  An old lady.  Yup!  She was probably about 70.  The only decent kind human being traveling that day was a 70 year old woman.    Thank you soooo much stranger for helping me with my kids and bags while waiting to board the flight :)

Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who had  the most marvelous surprise waiting for me in the car.
And everyone, please, please, please be kind to women traveling alone with children :)

Comments

  1. This will all just be a distant memory when it is sunny and 70 in January:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, I would not have survived! One time we were at the Fort Meyers airport, Nelson just used the bathroom and Makayla took off running. I was 6 months pregnant, carrying Hannah and trying to run after Makayla. Nelson was only gone 5 minutes and I was in tears when he got back (c: You should be proud of yourself for being so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry. Glad to hear you survived and seem to be enjoying Florida now that you're there. How does Lyla like it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

- 41

Workout:  8 miles/1:25:02 It takes 9 months to put the weight on, and it took 9 months and 6 days to get the weight off.  FINALLY!!!!!!  I am at my pre-Orlando weight.  I gained 40 whopping pounds during my second pregnancy, and I am ecstatic to say that I have now lost 41.  I worked extremely hard to get that darn baby weight off, and there were several times I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Thankfully, my determination won in the end.  I have expressed before on my blog that I am not a healthy eater.  Junk food is my good friend, and fruits and veggies are evil gross!! (Okay, not ALL fruits, but pretty much ALL veggies are evil.) So how did I do it?  I cut out a lot of carbs.  Not completely, but I closely monitored my carb intake.  I limited my Coke and McDonald's Sweet Tea splurges and tried to drink these sugary beverages only on weekends.  I discovered Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which I drink during the week instead.  I stopped buying chips....complete

Pregnancy, Fitness, and Food

Workout:  None...yet.  But I might later.  Which is what I've been saying everyday for about the past 3 weeks!!! Hey, you all!!!!!  Guess who decided to reappear?!?!  And guess what I've been up to?  Just cooking up a little boy in this belly of mine! So, I'm 30 weeks pregnant, (31 according to the docs, but whatever) and NOTHING has gone as planned.  And when I say NOTHING I am referring to diet and exercise.  First, I had plans of running as long as I could.  My goal was to run to at least 32 - 34 weeks pregnant.  I made it to 6 weeks, folks.    6 WEEKS!!!  Then, the morning sickness hit, and it hit hard!!!!  I was sick all day and all night.  I was so crazy miserable.  And it didn't go away at the end of the first trimester.  It lasted a good 18 weeks!  Once I started feeling better I decided to just work on staying toned.  I was in the gym lifting weights about 3 days a week.  And that lasted an entire month!! That was a good month.  Pretty much the on

Kick Him in the Face REAL Hard!

Now, remember, this made the list of top 10 things I hate.  And wouldn't you know I now have to do a lot of it.  After weeks of insane knee pain I finally made an appointment to see a sports medicine doctor over at the Sports Enhancement Center.  Turns out I have severe tendonitis in my knee, being caused by my hamstring, due to lack of flexibility.  The doctor told me to quit running completely for a month, and he told me I was overweight.  (LOOOONG story about that.  Maybe I'll have a post on it sometime.)  I then proceeded to cry which caused a very awkward moment (more so for him than me...you should have seen the look on his face).  So three days after my post about hating stretching and cross training it's thrown right in my face.  I am stretching everyday and doing the elliptical for an hour every morning.  I have a race next weekend that I'm running even though the doctor said not to.  Going against the doctor's orders is my form of being rebellious!  I'