Skip to main content

Our Day at Disney

Workout: 3 Miles/Speedwork - 5 days until my next race!!

Living in FL has some perks.  MAJOR perks!!  There is continuous sunshine, warm weather, beaches, and then attractions galore.  Then, there are perks on top of the perks.  As FL residents we get some nice discounts to many attractions.  Por ejemplo, we just scored 3 day Disney passes for $99 pp!!  We were already planning on taking Lyla up to Magic Kingdom for a day so this offer was a no brainer.  (A one day ticket normally is $89.)  And, even better, you don't have to use the passes 3 consecutive days!  SO, last Saturday my sister watched Orlando for us and Matt and I got to take Lyla to Magic Kingdom!


1. First stop, meeting Mickey and Minnie.  And I am pretty sure Matt and I were more excited about this than Lyla.
2.  We spotted Peter Pan out walking around near Adventure Land.  I thought he was kinda weird, but then last night we watched the movie and I realized Peter Pan is arrogant and insensitive.  So that explained everything.
3.  Next, we stopped at the Fairy Nook.  The fairy in purple is Vidia.  Matt HATED that her pose was all seductive and sensual.  I told him I think her character is sassy....not seductive.
4.  TINKERBELL!!!  She was soooo sweet :)


1. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.  We told her it was the big tree from Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  That got her excited!
2.  Teacups.  She LOVED these!
3.  Getting a snack.  Lyla was jumping up and down when she saw the pretzel was in a Mickey shape.
4.  Waiting to ride Winne the Pooh.  They had tons of stuff for the kids to do while in line.


1.  Watching the musical at the castle.  Lyla didn't move a muscle!! :)
2.  There were tons of characters in the musical, but this part was really sweet.


No need to explain every picture here, right?


Saying goodbye :(  Such an amazing day, and we get to take her back for round 2 in just 6 short days.  Next up, Hollywood Studios!!

Comments

  1. I thought Disney's was MGM Studios? Either way, let us know how it is... we're debating between a day at MGM or a second day at Magic Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pregnancy, Fitness, and Food

Workout:  None...yet.  But I might later.  Which is what I've been saying everyday for about the past 3 weeks!!! Hey, you all!!!!!  Guess who decided to reappear?!?!  And guess what I've been up to?  Just cooking up a little boy in this belly of mine! So, I'm 30 weeks pregnant, (31 according to the docs, but whatever) and NOTHING has gone as planned.  And when I say NOTHING I am referring to diet and exercise.  First, I had plans of running as long as I could.  My goal was to run to at least 32 - 34 weeks pregnant.  I made it to 6 weeks, folks.    6 WEEKS!!!  Then, the morning sickness hit, and it hit hard!!!!  I was sick all day and all night.  I was so crazy miserable.  And it didn't go away at the end of the first trimester.  It lasted a good 18 weeks!  Once I started feeling better I decided to just work on staying toned.  I was in the gym lifting weights about 3 days a week.  And that lasted an entire month!! That was a good month.  Pretty much the on

- 41

Workout:  8 miles/1:25:02 It takes 9 months to put the weight on, and it took 9 months and 6 days to get the weight off.  FINALLY!!!!!!  I am at my pre-Orlando weight.  I gained 40 whopping pounds during my second pregnancy, and I am ecstatic to say that I have now lost 41.  I worked extremely hard to get that darn baby weight off, and there were several times I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Thankfully, my determination won in the end.  I have expressed before on my blog that I am not a healthy eater.  Junk food is my good friend, and fruits and veggies are evil gross!! (Okay, not ALL fruits, but pretty much ALL veggies are evil.) So how did I do it?  I cut out a lot of carbs.  Not completely, but I closely monitored my carb intake.  I limited my Coke and McDonald's Sweet Tea splurges and tried to drink these sugary beverages only on weekends.  I discovered Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which I drink during the week instead.  I stopped buying chips....complete

A little mommy rant!

Workout: HIIT download/2mile run Okay moms, I hate being bombarded in every parent's magazine and internet article about all these super star moms.  You know, the moms  that feed their kids organic food, only let their children play educational games, and make their two year old do service projects. You can judge and put your nose up in the air about me, but that is totally okay, because I judge you, too!!!   Seriously, I want to throw my greasy hamburger in their face and tell them to shove it.  My kids are awesome, healthy, happy, and enjoy life.  And I enjoy the things I do being their mom.  It is totally okay to: 1.   let my kids eat McDonald's french fries.  2.   let my children watch cartoons....right smack dab in front of the t.v.  3.  Allow them to drink  a late night polar pop!!  I believe this is Dr. Pepper. 4.  iPad games instead of story time at bed!! I don't care that these things will never be featured in any magazine under "things to do on