Skip to main content

7 Great Years!

Workout: 1 mile run, 10 lb Slim down Total Body Workout DVD

Seven years ago today I got to marry this hottie:
Woohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!

And to celebrate seven great years we were able to get a few days to ourselves to relax.  After dropping the kids off at grandma and grandpa's house we drove down to Mammoth Cave National Park to camp, hike, and explore. (We were near Bowling Green, KY.)  


If only I could relax like this on a regular basis!

And if only Mattie Boy would cook dinner for me on a regular basis!!  Or, if only I could cook dinner sitting down would suffice in this case.

And if you haven't been to Mammoth Cave before I HIGHLY recommend it.  It is only about 6 hours from central IL, and it is the perfect national park to visit on a hot summer day.  The cave is a chilly 54 degrees, and it felt wonderful!  
The only way to explore the world's largest cave system is through a tour.  We took a 2 hour historic tour and loved it!
I was extremely nervous about entering this part of the cave.  Not because I am fat, but because I am claustrophobic!!!  

Surprisingly, I was completely okay.  Not just through this part, but through the entire tour.  It was amazing to see this awesome creation God made, and it gives you a glimpse of how majestic He is.  Matt and I can't wait for the kids to get a bit older so we can go back as a family.  I'm sooooo happy I get to explore this country with such a great husband!  Happy Anniversary, Matthew!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Him in the Face REAL Hard!

Now, remember, this made the list of top 10 things I hate.  And wouldn't you know I now have to do a lot of it.  After weeks of insane knee pain I finally made an appointment to see a sports medicine doctor over at the Sports Enhancement Center.  Turns out I have severe tendonitis in my knee, being caused by my hamstring, due to lack of flexibility.  The doctor told me to quit running completely for a month, and he told me I was overweight.  (LOOOONG story about that.  Maybe I'll have a post on it sometime.)  I then proceeded to cry which caused a very awkward moment (more so for him than me...you should have seen the look on his face).  So three days after my post about hating stretching and cross training it's thrown right in my face.  I am stretching everyday and doing the elliptical for an hour every morning.  I have a race next weekend that I'm running even though the doctor said not to.  Going against the doctor's orders is my...

- 41

Workout:  8 miles/1:25:02 It takes 9 months to put the weight on, and it took 9 months and 6 days to get the weight off.  FINALLY!!!!!!  I am at my pre-Orlando weight.  I gained 40 whopping pounds during my second pregnancy, and I am ecstatic to say that I have now lost 41.  I worked extremely hard to get that darn baby weight off, and there were several times I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Thankfully, my determination won in the end.  I have expressed before on my blog that I am not a healthy eater.  Junk food is my good friend, and fruits and veggies are evil gross!! (Okay, not ALL fruits, but pretty much ALL veggies are evil.) So how did I do it?  I cut out a lot of carbs.  Not completely, but I closely monitored my carb intake.  I limited my Coke and McDonald's Sweet Tea splurges and tried to drink these sugary beverages only on weekends.  I discovered Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which I drink during th...

Setting Goals

I'm always setting goals for myself.  Running goals, nutritional goals, cleaning goals, etc. (That last one is always a challenge.)  I set goals so I have something to work towards; an everyday challenge to conquer.  A couple of weeks ago I thought about what type of new goals I wanted to make.  I started by thinking of a running goal.  I needed something that would be challenging, yet achievable.  I decided I would challenge myself by trying to run at least 20 miles a week. Next, I wanted to set some nutritional goals.  Anyone close to me knows that I eat like crap.  Total crap!  In fact, I honestly can not remember the last time I had a piece of fruit.  I have just a few more pounds of baby weight to lose and I know eating better would definitely get it off.  So I set a goal to make wiser food choices and cut back on my snacking.  But late in the week I discovered a couple things about my goals. The first is, don't make ru...