Skip to main content

Rodeo and Running

Workout: Workout video - Back and Biceps; Pop Pilates Abs on Fire - I highly recommend this video for a serious kick butt ab workout!!  13 minutes of pure torture!!

The Rodeo
So there's this huge rodeo every year in my hometown.  It's kind of a big deal, but I never bothered to go.  As a kid I didn't go because my parents didn't take us.  And as a young adult I never went because I thought it sounded totally lame.  On a last minute whim I decided to take my daughter.  All her cousins were going, and you know, I couldn't let her be all left out.  It turns out this rodeo is the coolest thing ever!!  I can't believe my parents didn't take us when we were younger.  Such great family fun!!  And such true patriotism showed here!  It restored my faith in Americans!!  Ahhhh, the good 'ole Midwest!:) 
Of course I got suckered into a hat.  I let her get the same one as her cousin.  It lights up, and I thought it would be fun for playing at home. 


They had these fun little "intermissions" between events.  I actually liked these fun acts better than the events.  Some of the events were hard to watch, like the steer wrestling.  Oh gosh, made me cringe every time!

                            

I think this photo is of barrel racing.  It was one of my favorite events because it didn't involve throwing a steer to the ground:)  I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I was so into the evening that I didn't even bother with my phone.

If you live anywhere near Monticello, IL go to this rodeo!!!  It is always at the end of June.  The weather this time of year is gorgeous.  And, let's face it, cowboys are cool;)  


Running
Well, I haven't been running at all.  So I suppose the sub title "running" is very inaccurate.  The craziest thing happened about 10 days ago.  I was on a run - almost done with it actually - and all of a sudden my upper quad cramped up.  It was so bad that I had to hobble my way home.  I proceeded to limp for the next 2 days, and was in some pretty crazy pain.

 So what happened......Well, I have diagnosed myself with a pulled hip flexor.  If I read the muscle diagram correctly that I found on-line then my self diagnosis is 100% accurate;)   After a week off it still hurts.  I'm not limping anymore, but I definitely can feel it when walking.  That is not good.  Because I am not pain free when walking I have decided to take another full week off.  My end of the month race is for sure a no-go now.  There isn't really another race I want to run until October so I figured I would take my time with rehab.  Right now my rehab consists of stretching and icing.   Today I started some resistance band work, and the kids just had to try as well:)    
They kept getting in my way, but I kept my cool and let them tag along.  It's like a zillion degrees out right now so I don't much mind the break from running!:)

Comments

  1. Cowboys are SO cool! And did you get new patio furniture??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pregnancy, Fitness, and Food

Workout:  None...yet.  But I might later.  Which is what I've been saying everyday for about the past 3 weeks!!! Hey, you all!!!!!  Guess who decided to reappear?!?!  And guess what I've been up to?  Just cooking up a little boy in this belly of mine! So, I'm 30 weeks pregnant, (31 according to the docs, but whatever) and NOTHING has gone as planned.  And when I say NOTHING I am referring to diet and exercise.  First, I had plans of running as long as I could.  My goal was to run to at least 32 - 34 weeks pregnant.  I made it to 6 weeks, folks.    6 WEEKS!!!  Then, the morning sickness hit, and it hit hard!!!!  I was sick all day and all night.  I was so crazy miserable.  And it didn't go away at the end of the first trimester.  It lasted a good 18 weeks!  Once I started feeling better I decided to just work on staying toned.  I was in the gym lifting weights about 3 days a week.  And that lasted an entire month!! That was a good month.  Pretty much the on

- 41

Workout:  8 miles/1:25:02 It takes 9 months to put the weight on, and it took 9 months and 6 days to get the weight off.  FINALLY!!!!!!  I am at my pre-Orlando weight.  I gained 40 whopping pounds during my second pregnancy, and I am ecstatic to say that I have now lost 41.  I worked extremely hard to get that darn baby weight off, and there were several times I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Thankfully, my determination won in the end.  I have expressed before on my blog that I am not a healthy eater.  Junk food is my good friend, and fruits and veggies are evil gross!! (Okay, not ALL fruits, but pretty much ALL veggies are evil.) So how did I do it?  I cut out a lot of carbs.  Not completely, but I closely monitored my carb intake.  I limited my Coke and McDonald's Sweet Tea splurges and tried to drink these sugary beverages only on weekends.  I discovered Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which I drink during the week instead.  I stopped buying chips....complete

A little mommy rant!

Workout: HIIT download/2mile run Okay moms, I hate being bombarded in every parent's magazine and internet article about all these super star moms.  You know, the moms  that feed their kids organic food, only let their children play educational games, and make their two year old do service projects. You can judge and put your nose up in the air about me, but that is totally okay, because I judge you, too!!!   Seriously, I want to throw my greasy hamburger in their face and tell them to shove it.  My kids are awesome, healthy, happy, and enjoy life.  And I enjoy the things I do being their mom.  It is totally okay to: 1.   let my kids eat McDonald's french fries.  2.   let my children watch cartoons....right smack dab in front of the t.v.  3.  Allow them to drink  a late night polar pop!!  I believe this is Dr. Pepper. 4.  iPad games instead of story time at bed!! I don't care that these things will never be featured in any magazine under "things to do on