Skip to main content

Chronicles of Summer Part 2

Workout:  2 miles easy, Upper Body Endurance

Summer.  In Illinois.  I kinda think it's the best place to spend the month of July!  Hot days, cool nights, fire flies, soft grass, corn fields - oh my gosh, and Monical's Pizza!  With french dressing!  Okay, anyway...

Adventure 4

Fourth of July with the family!  Loads of fun!  My sister lives right across the street from the park that has a huge firework display.  The park is so packed it's insane.  However, we have our own private viewing area in her backyard.  It's perfect, really!  We had some seriously amazing food, homemade lemonade shake ups,  tons of sparklers for the kids, glow sticks, and flash copters.  We were set!  

All the cousins together for the 4th!


We also had this super cool cotton candy maker.  You drop in 2 jolly ranchers, and within seconds it melts it down and makes cotton candy!  Any hard candy will work, but our choice for the night was Jolly Rancher.  The kids were obsessed!!

Adventure 5

Day trips.  We took quite a few of these it seems.  Chicago, Peoria, Springfield.  We made the rounds.    It's what you do when you move away.  You try to visit every place you love, and eat at all the best local restaurants.  It's a great way to gain weight.  Monical's, Avanti's, Portillo's.  Good grief!!  So much food!  We took our annual shopping trip to Chicago.  However, after this trip I realized I like the shopping in Fort Myers and Naples better.  And a first for us was taking the kids to Lincoln's New Salem.  This is a reconstruction of the village where Abe Lincoln spent his early adulthood.  It's a really cool family friendly place.

Girl's trip to Chicago.  Going to do some shopping along Michigan Ave.

Orlando, and his best bud, Maya.  They were a little more into playing tag than looking at the historic village.  

Adventure 6

I love, love, love biking out in the country by my parent's house!  It's quiet and scenic, and actually quite hilly so it's a pretty tough work out.  Allerton Park is a must for an adventure!!  It's better to run out there because you can see more of the sites on foot, but laziness got the best of me this time around and that never happened.  Anyway, this particular biking adventure landed me out at The Sun Singer.  This park, and particularly this statue are kind of a big deal in good old Monticello, IL.  And by big deal I just mean that it is pretty well known, and sorta puts our town on the map;)
Don't you wish you looked as cute as I do in a bike helmet??

The Sun Singer.  I couldn't stop for long because the mosquitos were  unbearable!!

The adventures really do keep on going!!  This is really just a snippet of what I had on my phone.  Almost 5 weeks in Illinois went way too fast.  We had a blast making memories, and already can't wait for next summer!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pregnancy, Fitness, and Food

Workout:  None...yet.  But I might later.  Which is what I've been saying everyday for about the past 3 weeks!!! Hey, you all!!!!!  Guess who decided to reappear?!?!  And guess what I've been up to?  Just cooking up a little boy in this belly of mine! So, I'm 30 weeks pregnant, (31 according to the docs, but whatever) and NOTHING has gone as planned.  And when I say NOTHING I am referring to diet and exercise.  First, I had plans of running as long as I could.  My goal was to run to at least 32 - 34 weeks pregnant.  I made it to 6 weeks, folks.    6 WEEKS!!!  Then, the morning sickness hit, and it hit hard!!!!  I was sick all day and all night.  I was so crazy miserable.  And it didn't go away at the end of the first trimester.  It lasted a good 18 weeks!  Once I started feeling better I decided to just work on staying toned.  I was in the gym lifting weights about 3 days a week.  And that lasted an entire month!! That was a good month.  Pretty much the on

- 41

Workout:  8 miles/1:25:02 It takes 9 months to put the weight on, and it took 9 months and 6 days to get the weight off.  FINALLY!!!!!!  I am at my pre-Orlando weight.  I gained 40 whopping pounds during my second pregnancy, and I am ecstatic to say that I have now lost 41.  I worked extremely hard to get that darn baby weight off, and there were several times I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Thankfully, my determination won in the end.  I have expressed before on my blog that I am not a healthy eater.  Junk food is my good friend, and fruits and veggies are evil gross!! (Okay, not ALL fruits, but pretty much ALL veggies are evil.) So how did I do it?  I cut out a lot of carbs.  Not completely, but I closely monitored my carb intake.  I limited my Coke and McDonald's Sweet Tea splurges and tried to drink these sugary beverages only on weekends.  I discovered Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which I drink during the week instead.  I stopped buying chips....complete

A little mommy rant!

Workout: HIIT download/2mile run Okay moms, I hate being bombarded in every parent's magazine and internet article about all these super star moms.  You know, the moms  that feed their kids organic food, only let their children play educational games, and make their two year old do service projects. You can judge and put your nose up in the air about me, but that is totally okay, because I judge you, too!!!   Seriously, I want to throw my greasy hamburger in their face and tell them to shove it.  My kids are awesome, healthy, happy, and enjoy life.  And I enjoy the things I do being their mom.  It is totally okay to: 1.   let my kids eat McDonald's french fries.  2.   let my children watch cartoons....right smack dab in front of the t.v.  3.  Allow them to drink  a late night polar pop!!  I believe this is Dr. Pepper. 4.  iPad games instead of story time at bed!! I don't care that these things will never be featured in any magazine under "things to do on