Skip to main content

Summer Life

Workout: 3 mile tempo, ab work

Running
After my race on Memorial Day I decided to take some time off from structured running.  It was wonderful!!  I ran about 4 days a week, but I only wore a stop watch instead of my Garmin, and I ran nice and slow.  My body totally needed it.  I wanted to use this time to focus on strength training and ab work.  That didn't happen....oops.  I also was going to stretch and work on flexibility.  Yeah, that didn't happen either.  After July 4th weekend I decided to pick things back up to training mode.


Here is my first speed workout in about 5 weeks.  My husband and I did repeat 400s.  After the third one I thought I was going to puke!!  I was hurting bad, but I finished and was able to run them all faster than my goal time.  Yippie!!

My next race:  Hmmmmm, good question.  I was originally going to run a race July 26, but I had to throw it out the window due to money, money, money, MONEY!!  Stinks having a hobby that can get a little pricey!  I am currently looking for a 5K around the end of August.  Fingers crossed!!

Life
The kids and I just got back from a 3 week trip in IL.  It went way too fast.  I LOVE the midwest in the summer!!


Oh dear - my mom is gonna be so mad at me for posting this picture.  But hey - it isn't my fault she didn't smile!  Pizza and shopping night.  Grateful for my mother taking the youngest three home so my sister and I could have our shopping be a little less stressful!


And no summer is complete until you camp in the back yard!!  I took my daughter and two nephews camping out back by myself.  It turned out to be waaaay harder than I thought.  Managing that dumb fire pit was SO MUCH WORK!!  Then there was some crying drama later in the night from Lyla so the whole night was pretty stressful.   

                                 

We tried to go for a night time hike with all the 10,000 mosquitos.  But those pesky things forced us into the tent.  Bummer!


Why yes, a trip to the grocery store does deserve its own little spot on my blog.  You mothers know that grocery shopping with kids is awful.  I decided to make it more eventful by letting them each get their own cart;)  They were the most reckless crazy drivers, and I might have accidentally raised my voice a little too loudly for a grocery store.  Eek!!

More life posts to come!!  Stay tuned for fun times in the midwest!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pregnancy, Fitness, and Food

Workout:  None...yet.  But I might later.  Which is what I've been saying everyday for about the past 3 weeks!!! Hey, you all!!!!!  Guess who decided to reappear?!?!  And guess what I've been up to?  Just cooking up a little boy in this belly of mine! So, I'm 30 weeks pregnant, (31 according to the docs, but whatever) and NOTHING has gone as planned.  And when I say NOTHING I am referring to diet and exercise.  First, I had plans of running as long as I could.  My goal was to run to at least 32 - 34 weeks pregnant.  I made it to 6 weeks, folks.    6 WEEKS!!!  Then, the morning sickness hit, and it hit hard!!!!  I was sick all day and all night.  I was so crazy miserable.  And it didn't go away at the end of the first trimester.  It lasted a good 18 weeks!  Once I started feeling better I decided to just work on staying toned.  I was in the gym lifting weights about 3 days a week.  And that lasted an entire month!! That was a good month.  Pretty much the on

- 41

Workout:  8 miles/1:25:02 It takes 9 months to put the weight on, and it took 9 months and 6 days to get the weight off.  FINALLY!!!!!!  I am at my pre-Orlando weight.  I gained 40 whopping pounds during my second pregnancy, and I am ecstatic to say that I have now lost 41.  I worked extremely hard to get that darn baby weight off, and there were several times I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Thankfully, my determination won in the end.  I have expressed before on my blog that I am not a healthy eater.  Junk food is my good friend, and fruits and veggies are evil gross!! (Okay, not ALL fruits, but pretty much ALL veggies are evil.) So how did I do it?  I cut out a lot of carbs.  Not completely, but I closely monitored my carb intake.  I limited my Coke and McDonald's Sweet Tea splurges and tried to drink these sugary beverages only on weekends.  I discovered Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which I drink during the week instead.  I stopped buying chips....complete

Kick Him in the Face REAL Hard!

Now, remember, this made the list of top 10 things I hate.  And wouldn't you know I now have to do a lot of it.  After weeks of insane knee pain I finally made an appointment to see a sports medicine doctor over at the Sports Enhancement Center.  Turns out I have severe tendonitis in my knee, being caused by my hamstring, due to lack of flexibility.  The doctor told me to quit running completely for a month, and he told me I was overweight.  (LOOOONG story about that.  Maybe I'll have a post on it sometime.)  I then proceeded to cry which caused a very awkward moment (more so for him than me...you should have seen the look on his face).  So three days after my post about hating stretching and cross training it's thrown right in my face.  I am stretching everyday and doing the elliptical for an hour every morning.  I have a race next weekend that I'm running even though the doctor said not to.  Going against the doctor's orders is my form of being rebellious!  I'