Skip to main content

All Things Running

Workout:  Shoulders and Triceps video then 1 mile warm-up, 5 x 400 meter repeats with 45 seconds rest.  This was my first speed workout in a looooong time.  I was so dead after that I couldn't even run my cool down.  UGH!

All running things today on the blog!!

1.  New tunes on my "Run" playlist -  

Don't by Ed Sheeran - Oh my gosh!!  I love this song!!!  The beat is really fun although the lyrics  are quite sad.  Apparently it is about his relationship with Ellie Goulding and how she cheated on him (with one of the members of One Direction).  Poor guy!!  Thanks  for making a great song out of it though!;)

Shake it Off by Taylor Swift - Fun!  Fun!  Fun!! 

Young Volcanos by Fall Out Boy - Ok, so I thought this song was new until I looked it up and
 found out it was released last November.   Geesh!  Where have I been??  Oh well, it is new to me,
 and I love working out to it!

2.  Runderpants!!!
I've seen these around and have been tempted several times to buy a pair.  Moisture wicking undies?? Well, ok, I do live in FL now and I sweat A LOT down there!!  I found these at T.J. Maxx for only $5.99 (normally $18) and couldn't pass up the steal!  As far as wicking the sweat I suppose they do a pretty decent job.  BUT, they totally ride up, and it is quite embarrassing to try and pick a huge wedgie while running down the street!!  I've got a little ghetto J. Lo  booty so they might be perfect for a normal sized rear.  I'm a little bummed because they are so stinkin' cute, (I know - no one sees them but me) and the bright orangeish/pinkish matches my Saucony running hat.  Fun, right?  Maybe the hipsters instead of the briefs would be better for my butt??
      


3.  Mother/Daughter workouts

We only get to do these on the weekends.  Lylas rides her bike along side me while I run.  Then, when we get home she runs around the block with me.  


Oh my gosh!  She is so cute;)  I'm so glad I have an active little girl that loves to be out and about with her momma!! 

Comments

  1. You mean you don't listen to "I could sing of your love forever" when you run?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pregnancy, Fitness, and Food

Workout:  None...yet.  But I might later.  Which is what I've been saying everyday for about the past 3 weeks!!! Hey, you all!!!!!  Guess who decided to reappear?!?!  And guess what I've been up to?  Just cooking up a little boy in this belly of mine! So, I'm 30 weeks pregnant, (31 according to the docs, but whatever) and NOTHING has gone as planned.  And when I say NOTHING I am referring to diet and exercise.  First, I had plans of running as long as I could.  My goal was to run to at least 32 - 34 weeks pregnant.  I made it to 6 weeks, folks.    6 WEEKS!!!  Then, the morning sickness hit, and it hit hard!!!!  I was sick all day and all night.  I was so crazy miserable.  And it didn't go away at the end of the first trimester.  It lasted a good 18 weeks!  Once I started feeling better I decided to just work on staying toned.  I was in the gym lifting weights about 3 days a week.  And that lasted an entire month!! That was a good month.  Pretty much the on

- 41

Workout:  8 miles/1:25:02 It takes 9 months to put the weight on, and it took 9 months and 6 days to get the weight off.  FINALLY!!!!!!  I am at my pre-Orlando weight.  I gained 40 whopping pounds during my second pregnancy, and I am ecstatic to say that I have now lost 41.  I worked extremely hard to get that darn baby weight off, and there were several times I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Thankfully, my determination won in the end.  I have expressed before on my blog that I am not a healthy eater.  Junk food is my good friend, and fruits and veggies are evil gross!! (Okay, not ALL fruits, but pretty much ALL veggies are evil.) So how did I do it?  I cut out a lot of carbs.  Not completely, but I closely monitored my carb intake.  I limited my Coke and McDonald's Sweet Tea splurges and tried to drink these sugary beverages only on weekends.  I discovered Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which I drink during the week instead.  I stopped buying chips....complete

A little mommy rant!

Workout: HIIT download/2mile run Okay moms, I hate being bombarded in every parent's magazine and internet article about all these super star moms.  You know, the moms  that feed their kids organic food, only let their children play educational games, and make their two year old do service projects. You can judge and put your nose up in the air about me, but that is totally okay, because I judge you, too!!!   Seriously, I want to throw my greasy hamburger in their face and tell them to shove it.  My kids are awesome, healthy, happy, and enjoy life.  And I enjoy the things I do being their mom.  It is totally okay to: 1.   let my kids eat McDonald's french fries.  2.   let my children watch cartoons....right smack dab in front of the t.v.  3.  Allow them to drink  a late night polar pop!!  I believe this is Dr. Pepper. 4.  iPad games instead of story time at bed!! I don't care that these things will never be featured in any magazine under "things to do on